Then and Now

We are all appreciative (well, I know I am) of Buddy Cooper's tireless efforts to keep us informed of the goings-on of the Class of '57. I especially like his placement of photographs from our yearbook.

Buddy's skills far exceed mine in this area. When I saw today's email with my pictures, I remembered a comment from my brother, Jim (UCHS '60), after he saw the first picture of me with a beard. I had returned from a raft trip through the Grand Canyon and had sent him one photo.

That trip in 1981 was a 23-day white-water trip. There were 15 of us in three little rafts for 23 days. My beard  was really shaggy then.

Jim wrote back that he always knew what he'd look like in three years by looking at a picture of me. But what he hadn't known was that the hair on top of his head was going to slide down over his chin!

Have any of you other guys stopped shaving?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teachers at Flynn Park (To - 1951)

Best ribs in St. Louis?

WANTED - Your Information for the Class Booklet